SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the practice of increase the visibility of a website or web page to increase the quantity and quality of your traffic from the results of a search engine. The benefits are obvious: great free traffic to your site. This guide is designed to describe all the key aspects of SEO, from researching key terms and phrases that can generate qualified traffic to your website, using search engines to building links, and marketing the unique value of the website. Your website.
What is happening in SEO?
To understand the true meaning of SEO, let’s break this definition and go through the parts:
• Traffic quality. You can attract all the visitors in the world, but if they visit your site because Google says you’re a source for Apple computers if you’re actually a farmer selling apples, it’s no traffic. Instead, you want to attract visitors who are genuinely interested in the products you offer.
• Amount of traffic. If you have the right people to click on search engine results (SERPs), more traffic is better.
• Organic results. Advertising is an important part of many SERPs.
How search engine optimization works
Search engines like Google use an algorithm or set of rules to determine which pages should be displayed for a given query. These algorithms have evolved to be extremely complex and take hundreds or even thousands of different rating factors into account to determine ratings for SERPs.
Links: Links from other sites play a key role in determining a site’s ranking on Google and other search engines. The reason for this is that a link can be seen as a quality vote for other sites, as site owners are unlikely to link to other low-quality sites.
Content: In addition to looking for links, search engines also analyze the content of a web page to determine if it is relevant to any search engine.
Page Structure – The third main component of SEO is the page structure. Since web pages are written in HTML, the way HTML is structured can affect a search engine’s ability to rate a page. In simple terms, SEO works by showing search engines that your content is the best match for the topic in question.
How to optimize your promotion for Google
Google told us this and many people – including us – have studied the relationship between different factors and Google rankings. Google ranks web pages, not web sites. You can arrange for different keywords and topics on different pages
Content Marketing: Once you have identified potential keywords, content marketing comes into play. This could be updating existing content or creating new content. Because Google and other search engines value high quality content, it’s important to research what content is already available and to create engaging content that provides a positive user experience and is highly likely to rank the search engine results.
Link Building – Since links from external sites (called ‘backlinks’ in SEO jargon) are one of the most important positions on Google and other major search engines, acquiring high quality high links is one of the most important levers for SEO.
Semantic formatting – Another SEO strategy used by SEO experts is to optimize the semantic formatting of a website. Semantic formatting (like Schema.org) is used to describe the meaning behind the content of a page, for example to help identify who is the author of a content or topic and the type of content on a page.
Important SEO Tools
Being a very technical discipline, there are many tools and software that SEOs rely on to optimize websites. Here are some free and paid tools:
- Google Search Console – Google Search Console (formerly “Google Webmaster Tools”) is a free tool offered by Google and is a standard tool in the SEO toolkit. The GSC provides traffic rankings and reports for keywords and key pages and can help identify and correct technical problems on the spot.
- Google Ads Keyword Planner: The Keyword Planner is another free tool offered by Google as part of its Google Ads product. Although designed for paid search, it can be an excellent tool for SEO, as it provides keyword suggestions and keyword volume, which can be helpful when doing keyword research.
- Link Analysis Tools – There are several link analysis tools, two of which are mainly AHREF and Majestic. Backward analysis tools allow users to analyze which sites are linked to their site or to competing sites and can be used to find new links when building links.
- SEO Platforms – There are many different SEO platforms that bring together many of the tools that SEOs need to optimize websites. Among the most popular is MOs
- Social Media – Most social media sites don’t have a direct impact on SEO, but they can be a great tool for networking with other webmasters and building relationships that can lead to link building and guest opportunities.
It is crucial to know how search engines work and the characteristics they look for when rating content, when trying to create content that they rate.
That said, search engine algorithms change all the time and there is no guarantee that what’s important today will still be next year.
Don’t panic. In general, the important things remain consistent over time.